Artwork Requirements for Custom Flag Projects
Electronic Artwork: Please provide computer generated artwork in the proper format. Raster images/artwork need to be high resolution file. (300 dpi at full size). Providing sufficiently sized artwork will result in a non-pixilated image when printed.
All Print Projects:
1. All files must be vector! This means that the files must be comprised of outlines and not pixels.
2. Vector art should be created to scale: a 3x5’ flag layout could be either 3x5” (1/12th scale) or
3.6x6” (1/10th scale).
3. All lettering within files must be converted to outlines also so as to avoid font confusion.
4. PMS matching colors must be specified for accurate matching to original artwork.
5. Artwork – both the vector file and a .jpg file of the art - can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Adobe Illustrator (.ai) up to Version CS4.
2. Vector EPS files (.eps) generated by drawing and layout applications.
3. PDF Files (.pdf) exported form Corel Draw or other Adobe Software.
4. Outline fonts or provide the fonts used in your artwork.
5. All files should be savede as RGB to allow for maximum color gamut.
6. Please note: Pixel bassed files are printe as received.
1. Send us the best .jpg or .pdf you have and we will create the artwork.
2. Specify which colors of nylon to use and where.
1. Sometimes you simply cannot secure artwork for us in usable formats. If this is the case, do not be alarmed. Send what you have (.jpg or .pdf files are best) so email@example.com we will convert your file to the vector art we need.
2. We will match colors as closely as possible
a. For appliqué nylon projects, check our Nylon color chart, understanding the differences in computer screens.
b. For print projects, PMS numbers are required. If they are not supploied in writing, we cannot be held responsible for color matches once an item in manufactured.
3. Art charges are $50.00 per hour. Most basic jobs required one hour.
4. You will, of course, see a final layout before we start production. Production will not begin until this final color rendition is approved.
Why PMS when most files are CMYK?
1. CMYK prints all the colors you can imagine with four colors: Cyn, Magenta, Yellow and Black. Because the printed colors are made from dots of these four colors, there are no color charts to match the colors.
2. PMS colors are exact colors used for identifying colors for printing everything from business cards to flags. Hence, we ask for the corresponding (matching) PMS colors so we can verify and hit the CMYK color our customer want.
3. Your printer might lean a little pink; mine might lean a little more orange depending on the shapes and numbers of dots of each of the four colors. So, to match that RED, having a matching PMS color number tells us if we are on target and "HIT” the color.
4. Know that if we print the file as sent us, most likely it will be OK. However, by having the PMS matching numbers, we can make sure before we print that the final product will be what you have requested.